Thursday, January 13, 2011

First step into Saudi Arabia


King Fahd Causeway - Coming from Bahrain
Arriving to Saudi Arabia by land from Bahrain, my first encounter was – logically – with an immigration agent at the border, in the middle of the King Fahd Causeway. 
King Fahd Causeway
Entering the KSA and looking back towards the border













I can’t really say much about this first Saudi encounter, since it seems all immigration agents are alike: not very talkative, and (almost) always more interested in their private discussions with their colleagues than in clearing you.

Anyway, the Saudis khaki uniform does impress a bit, and since I already knew the procedure I quietly pressed my fingers onto the reader’s glass (first the 4 fingers –    index to little finger, left and right hand, then both thumbs), and I patiently waited for him to take my picture.

 And there I was, cleared into Saudi Arabia!



No comments:

Post a Comment