Saturday, August 6, 2011

¡México lindo y querido!


Mexico was...


Huge


Taking off from Mexico City

Delicious


Breakfast in Mérida: chilaquiles and huevos a la mexicana

Green


Riding free bicycles in the historic centre

Amazing


Lots of flamingos in Celestún, Yucatán


Prickly


Henequén fields in Yucatán


Eccentric


Mayan  jeweled - and live! - beetle 


Astonishing


Cenote, Yucatán



Friendly


Iguana at Uxmal, Yucatán



Party-friendly


Bringing food and drinks into a hotel for a wedding after-party with the help of the bellboy!



Stylish


Most ridiculous hat contest at a wedding



Grandiose


                                                                                                       Uxmal archeological site, Yucatán


We obvisouly had an awesome vacation in Mexico, thanks again to all our friends and family who made this vacation so special!

Ramadan Kareem to all my muslim readers! Have a blessed month!

4 comments:

  1. No way, I saw that same iguana at Tulum last year ! True story ;)
    Seeing your pictures makes me want to go back to Mexico !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Mexico pictures, it really looks like you had a great time!

    I am also living in Jubail. Sleepy little town, isn't it? I have escaped to Paris for the summer and will return once the temperatures calm down a bit. By the way, what is the cozy coffee shop in the local mall you were referring to? Is it in Huwaylet Mall or Fanateer?

    Cheers
    Kala
    http://mybelishabeacon.com/bananafish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kala!

    I just had a look at your blog, I love it, great design, great pictures and great writing!
    You're so lucky to be in Paris, Ramadan here is a bit boring I must admit, and it's way too hot! How wise to wait for the temperatures to calm down!
    The coffee shop I mentioned is on the 2nd floor of Fanateer Mall, you hardly notice the door but inside it's quite cosy.

    Keep enjoying Paris!
    Solene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the heads-up re: the coffee shop, will definitely check it out when I'm back in Jubail (sob). I'll admit I hardly go to the 2nd floor of Fanateer. It kind of creeps me out, with the lighting and the little alleyways... so I'll try to keep an open mind next time.

    PS. Glad your bags arrived, those poor luggages must be traumatized and probably have severe abandonment issues by now...

    ReplyDelete