Sunday, May 27, 2012

Another restaurant review


Good restaurants in Jubail are too scarce to leave them unnoticed. Here's one that meets all 3 B-requirements: Bueno, Bonito, Barato (good, nice and cheap!).

It's a Lebanese restaurant located in the Intercontinental hotel in Al-Jubail. The service is very good, the food is delicious and the portions are fairly generous. 

Plus: women can take off their abaya inside the restaurant, and there's usually some music (recorded music obviously, but here in KSA it's a luxury not a to eat in total silence!). 

Starting with delicious mezze to get a taste of everything
Baking fresh Arabic bread
All tables are tucked in cosy alcoves that can be closed with curtains

And on another note, this is where I have breakfast when I go to Al-Khobar:

And that's (the closest thing available in KSA to) what Heaven tastes like!

4 comments:

  1. Indeed the Lebanese restaurant is great ! The Mexican in the Interconti is also nice.
    Tried the Steak Restaurant in Jubail already ? The salads are fine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, the steak house in Jubail is another good pick. But somehow we feel stuck with the same options all the time, and still forget places like the steak house. Thanks for reminding me of it!

      Delete
  2. Hi! I stumbled upon your blog. My husband just received a job offer in Jubail. We would be relocating from the United States. I am looking for any advice, guidance, etc... Can you help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer, sure I'll be glad to help! If you want to give me your email here on the blog, I'll erase it as soon as I see it. I'm on vacation now, but in a couple of weeks I'll have plenty of time to answer all your questions!

      Delete