Saturday, February 16, 2013

Should I stay or should I go


One of the things I love (and hate) about being an expat in the construction industry is how unpredictable life is all the time. You arrive at a place where you're supposed to stay for 6 months and end up still living there 4 years later; or you make plans for the next couple of years to come and from one day to another you're sent off to a different part of the world. In the last couple of years I've seen so many people go away, many of which were expecting to stay longer than I would at the time. 

After months of dancing back and forth, I was finally about to start packing - still not really convinced it would be necessary - when we got the news: instead of moving to Frankfurt, we are staying in Jubail for another year!

The only problem is, my mindset is very flexible but it needs some time to adjust, hence the necessity of knowing where I'm going. As I was getting ready to move to Germany, my mind focused on all the positive things the German way of life would bring us, and at the same time I looked at all the things I dislike about KSA, feeling relieved I would get rid of them, but now, surprise! I'm in for another year of crazy drivers, dirty old town, abbayas, prayer times and more!


No comments:

Post a Comment