Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Scary local animals


Oh, I'd love to be writing about local spiders, deadly scorpions and poisonous snakes (actually not, since it would mean I had met them outside the reassuring glass box of a zoo!). But I'm only talking about panthers. Well, the smaller species. They're also named cats. 

For some reason, for the second time (a small thought for Gatito the Brazilian garbage eater), a kitten found my porch a nice place to live. Well, technically, this time the kitten's mum found my porch a nice place to give birth. So the new mum and her baby kitten have lived in the corner of the house's entrance porch for a couple of days now. (Which grants me the blessing of seeing a black cat every morning as I go out - no regrettable consequences so far) Anyway, as I went out this morning the baby kitten was on its own, looking very sweet, so I thought I'd just take a picture when I'd get back. But that was without allowing for its overprotective mum!

These pictures were taken with zoom, a good 5 meters away from the panther cat. No animal was hurt during the photo shoot, so please don't call the WSPA.


My friend Carole used to say that her black cat Fifi was a panther; today I finally understood why.
Beware of cats, they're hiding a wild panther within!

I don't know if I can use my front door now, I'm actually scared that Overprotective Mum might jump at my face for just looking at her baby kitten...

No comments:

Post a Comment