Saturday, January 21, 2012

Flying with both feet on the ground


We went to the Bahrain international air show yesterday, and while I was excited to do something different on a week end, I didn't really know what to expect. Let me tell you I was definitely not disappointed! I was probably as ecstatic as the kids around me, fascinated by the ballets of the military aircrafts, and actually pleased by the sound of the roaring engines!








Some pilots performed some very impressive free falls: they would fly right up (almost vertically), up to the stage where they would stall, then let themselves fall freely and finally regain a trajectory.

Drawing a heart shape
Can you see it?


Brass band
And an instrument I didn't expect to hear in Bahrain: bagpipes!
This is closer to what I would have expected! (on the air show, at the Heritage Village)

Have a good weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment