Friday, February 24, 2012

Bahrain from morning to night


We've just come back from - yet - another weekend in Bahrain. Many people ask me where we usually go out on the island: here are some of our favourite picks.

Breakfast
Pain Quotidien - City Centre

Tasty bread...
Rustic style...
Delicious eggs benedicts...

Plus a nice service and a reasonable price: that's definitely a favourite!

Brunch
Diplomat Radisson Blu

Friday brunches in Bahrain occupy a great place in the expats' social life. Wherever you choose to go, you're sure to be served a vast variety of food as well as a huge quantity of alcoholic beverages (included in the price). My favourite as to food quality is the Mövenpick (which I already mentioned here). However, the Diplomat Radisson Blu's brunch would be my favourite based on its lively atmosphere and entertainment, thanks to its good DJ.

The cold section
Enjoying our favourites: glass of red wine for me and beer for Richard
After a few drinking games, the bravest started to dance...
Quickly followed by almost all of the brunchers! 
And they even had choux à la crème!

Night out
Trader Vic's - Ritz Carlton

Exotic drinks...
Delicious appetizers (super yummy Jalapeño cheese balls!)
Huge drinks to share with your friends (or keep for yourself!)
And live latin music! Another favourite of ours!

5 comments:

  1. Be jealous, Le Pain Quotidien one block from my office, live latin music right here 1 level below my office. I WANT TO VISIT BAHRAIN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The day you can find that kind of brunch in DF, I relocate to Mexico!

      Delete
  2. Hi,

    I'm leaving next week to Jubail to work and live there, if all goes well, my wife will follow me at the end of the year. I enjoy reading your blog because it's interesting, optimistic, and useful !

    We noticed that nearly all compounds in Jubail seem to be full, so we're looking for accomodation in Al Khobar or closer. Is the distance between both agreeable to travel daily back & forth ? I heard the traffic is like hell. I'm not scared easily in traffic, but would like to survive it though :)

    Greetings,

    Fred

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you checked in absolutely all compounds in Jubail? I know most of them are full, but there should me some availability somewhere. Most of them have waiting lists too, so you might get lucky by the time your wife comes. Al-Khobar would definitely offer much more for her (as to social activities, courses and so on) but it is over an hour-drive away from Al-Jubail. And the traffic is quite heavy, since many people live in Khobar and work in Jubail. And people really drive like crazy. My husband also drives 120 km to his work, and it is tiring and stressful, so if you can avoid it, that would be better. But again, many people do it and survive it!
      Have a nice trip to Jubail, and don't get scared as you arrive, you'll soon get used to it and maybe even like it!

      Delete
  3. Hi there,

    No not all of them are checked already i guess. My employer is taking care of this, and i heard that accomodation could be problematic in Jubail.

    Thanks for the quick reply and info ! I owe you a coffee !

    greetings,

    Frederik

    ReplyDelete